Any office move can be costly, time consuming and stressful. Please see our top tips below which should make
Any office move can be costly, time consuming and stressful. Please see our top tips below which should make things run much more smoothly:-
1) Make sure you check your current lease to confirm your lease expiry/break date.
2) Be aware of clauses within your lease relating to how you must return your current office to the landlord. This can be costly.
3) Confirm your brief with your agent before you start searching – budget, location, size and timings are the essentials.
4) Ensure you pick the right type of office for your business needs – serviced? long lease? short lease?
5) Be careful when registering on multiple property search websites. This could lead to a surge in cold calls.
6) Be aware that leasing an office is unlike leasing a residential property. The legal process itself is taxing and extremely complex.
7) Ensure you instruct a commercial property lawyer to advise on the legals. Try and agree a fixed fee with them as an hourly rate could prove costly.
8) Plan ahead. On average an office move takes between 6 to 12 months, dependent on size. We advise companies to prepare as far ahead as possible.
9) Be aware that in their majority, commercial office lettings are subject to three separate taxes. Business Rates, VAT and Stamp Duty.
10) Appoint a specialist Tenant’s agent to advise you through the whole process- Making Moves would be a perfect fit.
Please do call or email the Making Moves Team to discuss the process in more detail – 020 3595 3121 – www.makingmoves.london